National Defense Academy (NDA) is the Joint Services institute of the Indian Armed Forces. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the National Defense Academy (NDA) Exam consistently. NDA is a public level test conducted two times every year. This is one of the most sought-after protection occupations in India to join the Defense Forces as an Officer by the male applicants. The choice of qualified guys and females into NDA will be done based on the composed test followed by the Personality Test.
NDA Syllabus 2022
NDA composed assessment is separated into two papers in particular Mathematics and General Ability Test (GAT). The young men and young ladies who are looking to apply for NDA 2022 should start their groundwork for the composed test by following the nitty gritty NDA Syllabus 2022 which has been talked about in this article. The NDA 1 Exam is to be conducted on tenth April 2022 and NDA 2 Exam will be held on 04th September 2022 according to the UPSC Calendar 2022.
In the wake of getting to know the NDA Exam Pattern the applicants must know the Syllabus of NDA Exam. The NDA Syllabus is talked about beneath.
NDA Mathematics Syllabus
The sections covered for NDA Maths Syllabus are given in the table beneath.
Sets, Venn diagrams, De Morgan laws, Cartesian product, relation, equivalence relation. Real numbers, Complex numbers, Modulus, Cube roots, Conversion of a number in Binary system to Decimals, and vice-versa. Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions. Quadratic equations, Linear inequations, Permutation and Combination, Binomial theorem, and Logarithms.
Concept of a real-valued function, domain, range, and graph of a function. Composite functions, one-to-one, onto, and inverse functions. The notion of limit, Standard limits, Continuity of functions, algebraic operations on continuous functions. Derivative of function at a point, geometrical and physical interpretation of a derivative application. Derivatives of sum, product, and quotient of functions, a derivative of a function concerning another function, the derivative of a composite function. Second-order derivatives. Increasing and decreasing functions. Application of derivatives in problems of maxima and minima
- Matrices and Determinants
Types of matrices, operations on matrices. Determinant of a matrix, basic properties of determinants. Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix, Applications-Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer’s rule and by Matrix Method.
- Integral Calculus and Differential Equations
Integration as inverse of differentiation, integration by substitution and by parts, standard integrals involving algebraic expressions, trigonometric, exponential, and hyperbolic functions. Evaluation of definite integrals determination of areas of plane regions bounded by curves applications.Definition of order and degree of a differential equation, formation of a differential equation by examples. General and particular solution of differential equations, solution of the first order, and first-degree differential equations of various types examples. Application in problems of growth and decay.
Angles and their measures in degrees and radians. Trigonometric ratios. Trigonometric identities Sum and difference formulae. Multiple and Sub-multiple angles. Inverse trigonometric functions.Applications-Height and distance, properties of triangles.
- Vector Algebra
Vectors in two and three dimensions, magnitude, and direction of a vector. Unit and null vectors, the addition of vectors, scalar multiplication of a vector, scalar product, or dot product of two vectors. Vector product or cross product of two vectors. Applications work done by a force and moment of a force and in geometrical problems.
- Analytical Geometry Of Two and Three Dimension Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system. Distance formula. Equation of a line in various forms. The angle between two lines. Distance of a point from a line. Equation of a circle in standard and a general form. Standard forms of parabola, ellipse, and hyperbola. Eccentricity and axis of a conic. Point in a three-dimensional space, the distance between two points. Direction Cosines and direction ratios. Equation two points. Direction Cosines and direction ratios. Equation of a plane and a line in various forms. The angle between two lines and the angle between two planes. Equation of a sphere.
- Statistics and Probability:
Random experiment, outcomes, and associated sample space, events, mutually exclusive and exhaustive events, impossible and certain events. Union and Intersection of events. Complementary, elementary, and composite events. Definition of probability classical and statistical examples. Elementary theorems on probability simple problems. Conditional probability, Bayes’ theorem simple problems. Random variable as function on a sample space. Binomial distribution, examples of random experiments giving rise to Binomial distribution.
NDA Syllabus For Physics
- Physical Properties and States of Matter
- Modes of transference of Heat
- Mass, Weight, Volume, Sound waves and their properties
- Simple musical instruments
- Rectilinear propagation of Light
- Density and Specific Gravity
- Reflection and refraction
- Principle of Archimedes
- Spherical mirrors and Lenses
- Pressure Barometer
- Human Eye
- Motion of objects
- Natural and Artificial Magnets
- Velocity and Acceleration
- Properties of a Magnet
- Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Earth as a Magnet
- Force and Momentum
- Static and Current Electricity
- Parallelogram of Forces
- Conductors and Non-conductors
- Stability and Equilibrium of bodies
- Ohm’s Law
- Simple Electrical Circuits
- Elementary ideas of work
- Heating, Lighting, and Magnetic effects of Current
- Power and Energy
- Measurement of Electrical Power
- Effects of Heat
- Primary and Secondary Cells
- Measurement of Temperature and Heat
- Use of X-Rays
- General Principles in the working of Simple Pendulum, Simple Pulleys, Siphon, Levers, Balloon, Pumps, Hydrometer, Pressure Cooker, Thermos Flask, Gramophone, Telegraphs, Telephone, Periscope, Telescope, Microscope, Mariner’s Compass; Lightning Conductors, Safety Fuses.
NDA Syllabus For Chemistry
Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen and Carbon Dioxide, Oxidation and Reduction.
- Acids, bases and salts.
- Carbon different forms
- Physical and Chemical Changes
- Fertilizers—Natural and Artificial
- Material used in the preparation of substances like Soap, Glass, Ink, Paper, Cement, Paints, Safety Matches, and Gunpowder
- Mixtures and Compounds
- Elementary ideas about the structure of Atom
- Symbols, Formulae, and simple Chemical Equation
- Atomic Equivalent and Molecular Weights
- Law of Chemical Combination (excluding problems)
- Properties of Air and Water
NDA Syllabus For General Science
- Common Epidemics, their causes, and prevention
- Difference between the living and nonliving
- Food Source of Energy for man
- Basis of Life Cells, Protoplasms, and Tissues
- Constituents of food
- Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals
- Balanced Diet
- Elementary knowledge of the Human Body and its important organs
- The Solar System Meteors and Comets, Eclipses. Achievements of Eminent Scientists
NDA Syllabus For History
- Forces shaping the modern world;
- Exploration and Discovery;
- A broad survey of Indian History, with emphasis on Culture and Civilisation
- Freedom Movement in India
- French Revolution, Industrial Revolution, and Russian Revolution
- War of American Independence,
- Impact of Science and Technology on Society
- Elementary study of Indian Constitution and Administration
- Concept of one World
- Elementary knowledge of Five Year Plans of India
- United Nations,
- Panchayati Raj, Democracy, Socialism and Communism
- Role of India in the present world
- Co-operatives and Community Development
- Bhoodan, Sarvodaya,
- National Integration and Welfare State
- Basic Teachings of Mahatma Gandhi
NDA Syllabus For Geography
- The Earth, its shape and size
- Ocean Currents and Tides Atmosphere and its composition
- Latitudes and Longitudes
- Temperature and Atmospheric Pressure, Planetary Winds, Cyclones, and Anticyclones; Humidity; Condensation and Precipitation
- Concept of time
- Types of Climate
- International Date Line
- Major Natural Regions of the World
- Movements of Earth and their effects
- Regional Geography of India
- Climate, Natural vegetation. Mineral and Power resources;
- Location and distribution of agricultural and Industrial activities
- Origin of Earth. Rocks and their classification
- Important Sea ports and main sea, land, and air routes of India
- Weathering Mechanical and Chemical, Earthquakes and Volcanoes
- Main items of Imports and Exports of India
NDA Syllabus For Current Events
Knowledge of Important events that have happened in India in recent yearsProminent personalities of both Indian and International level, Cultural activities and sports activities, Current important world events.
Intelligence and Personality Test
The SSB procedure consists of two stages. Only those candidates who clear written exams are permitted to appear for the SSB round. The details of SSB exam are given below:
NDA SSB Personality Test
1. Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR)
2. Picture Perception Description Test (PP & DT).
1. Interview (IO)
2. Group Testing Officer Tasks (GTO)
3. Psychology Tests (Psych)
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. What number of stages are there in the NDA test?
There are two phases in the NDA test. Each stage has a region you can really take a look at the subtleties in the article.
Q2.When will the enrollment for the NDA 2022 test start?
Ans. The enrollment cycle for NDA(I) 2022 has begun from December 22, 2021.
Q3.How frequently might I at any point apply for an NDA test?
Ans. UPSC conducts an NDA placement test two times in a year. You can apply for the NDA test however many times as you wish to meet the qualification standards.
Q4.Do recruits get any compensation while going through preparing at NDA?
Ans. No, the recruits get no compensation during the three years preparing period at NDA.
Q5.What are the valuable open doors accessible in the wake of dropping from NDA?
Ans. In the wake of getting prepared for quite some time at NDA, trainees join the foundations of their particular inclinations. Armed force recruits enlist in the Indian Military Academy in Dehradun, Air Force trainees enlist in the Indian Air Force Academy in Telangana while the Navy trainees join the Indian Naval Academy in Kerala. In the wake of getting prepared in these foundations for a decent residency trainees drop as officials of the Indian Armed Forces and serve in different pieces of the country.