CBSE has released the 2022 CTET Exam Syllabus for all candidates who wish to take the exam. The CTET syllabus contains all the topics candidates must cover to pass the exam. It is held twice a year. This is a national exam designed to recruit suitable candidates to teach grades 1-8.Candidates can download the CTET syllabus PDF for ease of preparation and clarity.
The 2022 CTET syllabus has papers, namely Paper 1 and Paper 2. Candidates appearing in grades 1-5 should review the CTET Paper 1 syllabus, while candidates wishing to teach grades 6-8 should refer to the CTET Paper 2 syllabus. Candidates can check the Hindi/English syllabus for Exam 1 and Exam 2 on the official website.
CTET Syllabus 2022
The CTET syllabus is a very important piece of information that should be known to all candidates wishing to take the test. Candidates should be aware that the CTET PRT 2022 syllabus is different from the TGT 2022 syllabus. Exams are held twice a year.Thousands of candidates take this test every year. Therefore, a good understanding of the syllabus will give you an edge over other competitors.
CTET Syllabus for Paper 1;
Carry out the recruitment of primary school teachers. Those wishing to teach grades 1-5 must pass the Paper 1 exam. For this, it is crucial that you understand the 2022 Paper 1 CTET syllabus. There are 5 sections, namely Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II, Environmental Studies and Mathematics. All these sections have a total of 150 points.
CTET Paper 1 Syllabus Child Development and Pedagogy
The CTET child development and syllabus includes topics such as child-centered and progressive education concepts, constructed critical perspectives, and more. Check out the full syllabus below:
- Child development: concepts of development and their relationship to learning, principles of child development, genetic and environmental influences, socialization processes: social world and children (teachers, parents, peers), Construction and Critical Perspectives, Concepts of Child-centered and Progressive Education, Critical Examination of Construction
Concept of Inclusive Education and Understanding for Children with Special Needs:
- Reach out to learners from diverse backgrounds, including disadvantaged and disadvantaged groups
- Respond to the needs of children with learning difficulties, “disability”, etc.
- For talented, creative and gifted learners
View the complete child development and education curriculum below:
|Child Development and Pedagogy||Learning and Pedagogy How children think and learn; how and why children ‘fail’ to achieve success in school performance.Child as a problem solver and a ‘scientific investigator’Cognition & EmotionsMotivation and learning|
CTET Syllabus Paper 1 Language 1
The CTET Language 1 syllabus includes topics such as principles of language teaching and the role of listening and speaking. Please tick all the topics below:
|Language Comprehension||Reading unseen passages – two passages one prose or drama and one poem with questions on comprehension, inference, grammar and verbal ability (Prose passage may be literary, scientific, narrative or discursive)|
|Pedagogy of Language Development||Learning and acquisitionPrinciples of Language TeachingRole of listening and speaking; function of language and how children use it as a toolLanguage SkillsEvaluating language comprehension and proficiency: speaking, listening, reading and writing|
CTET Paper 1 Syllabus Language 2
The CTET Language 2 syllabus covers topics such as learning and acquisition, and principles of language teaching. The list of all topics is as follows:
Comprehension: Two unseen essays (prose or literature or narrative or science) with questions about comprehension, grammar and language skills
|Language 2||Learning and acquisitionPrinciples of Language TeachingRole of listening and speaking; function of language and how children use it as a toolLanguage SkillsEvaluating language comprehension and proficiency: speaking, listening, reading and writingTeaching-learning materials: Textbook, multimedia materials, multilingual resource of the classroomRemedial Teaching|
CTET Syllabus for Maths Paper 1
In this section, candidates’ math skills will be tested using topics such as measurement, geometry, numbers, and more. To master this section, review all topics in the CTET Math syllabus below:
Content: Geometry, Form and Understanding of Space
Teaching Questions: The Place of Mathematics in the Curriculum
- Mathematical language
- Community Mathematics
- Assessment through formal and informal methods
- Teaching problems
- Error analysis and related aspects of learning and teaching
- Diagnostic and remedial courses
CTET Paper 1 Environmental Studies Syllabus
Topics such as plants, food, shelter are included in the CTET syllabus for EVS. Topics in environmental studies can be easily prepared with the following topics:
- Friends and family
- work and play
- what we make and do
- Environmental Studies and Environmental Education
- Learning principles
- Scope and relationship between natural and social sciences
- Method of presenting concepts
- Experimentation/hands-on work
CTET Syllabus 2022 Paper 2
CTET Paper 2 is used to recruit secondary school teachers. Those wishing to teach grades 6-8 must pass the CTET Paper 2 exam. To take full advantage of this opportunity, candidates must have a thorough understanding of the Paper 2 syllabus. The CTET Paper 2 syllabus 2022 will have 5 sections namely Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II, Mathematics and Science and Social Studies/Social Sciences sections. The total score for all these sections is 150 points.
CTET Paper 2 Child Development and Pedagogy Syllabus
CTET Child Development and Syllabus 2 assesses knowledge on topics such as multidimensional intelligence, language and reasoning. To do well in this section, check out the following topics:
- Child development (elementary school students): developmental concepts and their relation to learning, principles of child development, genetic and environmental influences, socialization processes: the social world and children (teachers, parents, peers), critical perspectives, constructive intelligence, multidimensional intelligence, language and thinking, gender as a social construct, gender roles, gender bias and pedagogical practice.
|Concept of Inclusive education and understanding children with special needs||Addressing learners from diverse backgrounds including disadvantaged and deprived Addressing the needs of children with learning difficulties, ‘impairment’ etc. Addressing the Talented, Creative, Specially abled|
|LearnersLearning and Pedagogy||Child as a problem solver and a ‘scientific investigator’. Alternative conceptions of learning in children, understanding children’s ‘errors’ as significant steps in the learning process. Cognition & Emotions, Motivation and learning, Factors contributing to learning – personal & environmental|
CTET Paper 2 Language 1 Syllabus
The Language 1 syllabus for the CTET Paper 2 exam covers topics such as language skills, exam language and more. Important topics are also:
|Language Comprehension||Reading unseen passages – two passages one prose or drama and one poem with questions on comprehension, inference, grammar and verbal ability.|
|Pedagogy of Language Development||Language Skills: Evaluating language comprehension and proficiency: speaking, listening, reading and writingTeaching-learning materials: Textbook, multimedia materials, multilingual resource of the classroomRemedial Teaching|
CTET Paper 2 Language 2 syllabus
The CTET Language 2 syllabus covers topics such as learning and acquisition and principles of language teaching. For good grades, this section explores topics that should be covered:
- Comprehension: Two unseen passages of prose (prose or literature or fiction or science) with questions on comprehension, grammar and language skills
- Language Development Pedagogy: Review the Important Topics Listed Below:
- Learn and acquire
- Principles of language teaching
- The role of listening and speaking, the function of language and how children use it as a tool
- Examine the role of grammar in language learning to communicate ideas orally and in writing, the challenges of language teaching in a heterogeneous classroom, language difficulties, mistakes and barriers
CTET Syllabus Paper 2 – Mathematics and Science
This section covers two topics (math and science). There will be 30 math questions and 30 science questions. The CTET syllabus for both is as follows:
- Math syllabus: number systems, knowing our numbers, playing with numbers, whole numbers, negative and whole numbers, fractions, algebra, introduction to algebra, ratios and proportions, the nature of math/reasoning, the place of math in the curriculum , Language Mathematics, Community Mathematics, Assessment, Remedial Education, Instructional Problems.
- Science Syllabus: Food, Food Sources, Food Composition, Clean Food, Materials, Materials for Daily Use, Living World, Natural Phenomena, Natural Resources, Methods/Integrated Methods, Observations/Experiment/Discoveries (Scientific Method), Innovations, Text Materials/Tools, Assessments – Cognitive/Psychomotor/Affective, Problematic, Remedial.
CTET Paper 2 Social Studies/Social Sciences Syllabus
In this section, the syllabus is divided into two parts: the first part deals with history, geography, social and political life and the second part deals with pedagogical issues. The ratio of questions is 40:20.
- contact with distant lands, political development, culture and science, new kings and kingdoms, sultans in Delhi, architecture, empire building, social change, regional culture, corporate power building, rural life and society.
- The Geography section covers the following topics:
- Planet: Earth in the solar system
- Overall environment: natural and human environment
- Human environment: settlement, transport and communication
- Resource: Type – natural and human
- Social and Political Life: Diversity, Government, Local Government, Livelihoods, Democracy, State Government, Understanding the Media, Gender Reduction, Constitution, Parliamentary Government, Justice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the CTET test?
Ans: The CTET represents the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET), which is a qualification test that is directed to decide the qualification of competitors as Classes 1 to 8 educators in the focal schools like KVS, NVS, and so on.
Q: Is CTET result 2022 proclaimed?
Ans: No, the CTET result 2021-22 has not been proclaimed at this point by the CBSE. The CTET consequence of the December 2021 meeting was at first scheduled to be delivered on February 15, 2022. Nonetheless, the outcome assertion has been deferred by the board for obscure reasons.
Q: When will the CTET result 2022 be proclaimed?
Ans: The CTET result 2021-22 is supposed to be announced in the main portion of March 2022. Applicants will be refreshed about the CTET result statement here not long after the CBSE reports the outcomes.
Q: How would I be able to check my CTET result?
Ans: To check CTET result 2021-22, competitors need to follow the means referenced beneath:
Visit the authority site – ctet.nic.in.
Click on the ‘CTET December 2021 Result’ interface, once initiated by the CBSE.
Enter your certifications, or at least, roll number and submit.
Your CTET results will be shown.
Download the scorecard and take the printout of the equivalent.
Q: Is BEd expected for CTET?
Ans: Yes, BEd is expected for the CTET, nonetheless, it’s anything but a necessary prerequisite. One of the CTET qualification rules states that up-and-comers who have finished graduation with at least 50% imprints and a BEd degree can show up for the CTET test.